FOOTBALL WITH WEST POINT

Eleven Strengthened by Return of T. Frothingham and Wigglesworth.

The University football team will play West Point at West Point this afternoon at 2.45 o'clock. The West Point team has developed a versatile, puzzling attack and a powerful defence. This season it has won every game, and its opponents have not been able to make a touchdown. On October 8, Tufts was defeated 24 to 0, and a week later 9 points were scored against Yale, Captain Daly saving Yale from a shut-out by making a goal from the field in the last period. Last Saturday Lehigh was easily defeated 28 to 0.

A year ago Harvard defeated West Point 9 to 0. Today Harvard will meet a well-drilled and experienced team which has had the advantage of having played several of its important games. The West Point line, from tackle to tackle, is heavy and fast. Dean in the backfield is a very reliable drop-kicker, and has scored a majority of points in the other games in this manner.

This week's work for the University team has been light, much attention having been given to drilling the men in the details of their positions. The only hard scrimmage was held on Tuesday. Since then the work has consisted of fast signal drills. On Thursday, the coaches gave the defence a severe test by having the second team do all the offensive work. A general improvement has occurred in the team-play, and with the return of the injured regulars, the team will be materially strengthened. Wigglesworth has entirely recovered from his illness and will run the team today. The backfield will be further strengthened by the return of T. Froth- ingham, whose leg is completely healed. Morrison and Corbett will play in the other backfield positions. The line will be the same as in the Brown game, unless P. D. Smith should replace Huntington just before the start of the game.

The line-ups:

HARVARD.  WEST POINT.Lewis, l.e.  r.e., HicksMcKay, l.t.  r.t., LittlejohnMinot, l.g.  r.g., WeirHuntington, c.  c., ArnoldFisher, r.g.  l.g., WalmsleyWithington, r.t.  l.t., DevoreL. D. Smith, r.e.  l.e., WoodWigglesworth, q.b.  q.b., MacDonaldCorbett, l.h.b.  r.h.b., MorrisT. Frothingham, r.h.b.  l.h.b., DeanMorrison, f.b.  f.b., Surle