Graded Crews to Race at 3.30

The race for the graded crews will be held in the Basin this afternoon at 3.30 o'clock. The course, which corresponds to the American Henley distance, and is the same as that of the final interdormitory race, will be 1 mile, 550 yards long. The start will probably be made at the Cottage Farm bridge, in which case the crews will finish on a line across the river from Fairfield street, three blocks below Harvard bridge.

The showing of the graded crews this fall has been very poor. Scarcely enough men have reported at either boathouse to form two crews, so the development has necessarily been slow. Both boats have shown a tendency to hang at the catch, and space poorly, but the Newell crew has been together longer, and therefore has a better rhythm and can keep the shell on a more even keel. A number of the men rowed on the same dormitory crew, and their improvement in the last few days has been more rapid, so that the Newell crew is expected to win. The orders of the crews for the race will be as follows:

Newell crew.--Stroke, A. B. Day '13; 7, H. B. Willis '12; 6, H. V. Borst '11; 5, E. H. Locker '13; 4, F. J. Leviseur '13; 3, E. M. Hudson '13; 2, W. P. Dudley '13; bow, J. H. Schafer '13; cox., J. F. Brownlee '13.

Weld crew.--Stroke, W. deF. Beal '11; 7, H. B. Ehrmann '12; 6, E. W. Jackson '13; 5, B. H. Handy '13; 4, J. J. Putnam '12; 3, N. Ford '13; 2, C. G. Browne '13; bow, W. L. Ustick 13; cox., C. C. Whittelsey '13.