University Hockey Team Defeated

In a practice game at the Boston Arena last evening the University hockey team was defeated by the Boston Hockey Club by the score of 4 to 1. In the first period, when the regular first string men were playing, the University team, largely through the good work of Graustein and Huntington, prevented their opponents from scoring. The forwards were unable to preserve any consistent team-work, for the Boston players out-skated them and coming up from behind, usually intercepted the passes. Most of the play was around the University team's goal and Chadwick made many difficult stops.

At the beginning of the second half the substitutes were put in and the Boston team scored four times. Townsend made the first point on a pass from Hicks directly in front of the cage. Goals by Winsor and Goodrich then followed in quick succession. After this the play slowed up until near the close of the period, when Pierce made the University team's only score. Just before time was called Foster succeeded in making another point for the Boston team.

The summary:

Score--Boston Hockey Club, 4; Harvard, 1. Goals--Townsend, Winsor, Goodrich, Pierce, Foster. Referee--H. Foster, Jr., Boston Hockey Club. Timer--W. E. Quinn. Time--10- and 15-minute periods.

Plans for Practice during Vacation.

The University hockey squad will continue to practice in the Boston Arena until Friday, December 23, and will resume practice on December 27. Although no definite schedule has been made out, several practice games will probably be played with teams in the vicinity of Boston. The training table will start at the Varsity Club on Tuesday, January 3. HARVARD.  BOSTON HOCKEY CLUB. Leslie, Gorham, l.e.  r.e., Clifford, Goodrich, Foster Duncan, Pierce, l.c.  r.c., Winsor Hornblower, Childs, r.c.  l.c., Townsend Seamans, Pratt, r.e.  l.e., Hicks Huntington, Houston, c.p.  c.p., Lovering, Foster Graustein, Blackall, p.  p., Foster, Sampson Chadwick, Gardner, g.  g., Smart, Canterbury