Final Trials for Triangular Debate

The final trials for the University debating teams which will meet Yale and Princeton on March 21, will be held in the New Lecture Hall this evening at 7.30 o'clock. The Coolidge Debating Prize will be awarded to the undergraduate who does the best individual work. As a result of the second trials held last Thursday evening twelve men were retained: on the affirmative--J. deM. Ellis 2L., C. B. Randall '12, H. H. Breeland '12, F. Stern '12, J. E. Cates '10, H. Ehrmann '12; on the negative-- C. S. Collier '11, F. W. Sullivan '10, G. I. Lewis 2L., H. Potter '10, E. R. Burke 2L., T. M. Gregory '10. They will speak in the order named upon the subject for the triangular debate: "Resolved, That the federal government should have power to impose an income tax not apportioned among the States according to population." Each man will speak for 10 minutes and will be given 5 minutes for rebuttal. As a result of these trials six men to make up the two University teams, and three men for substitutes, will be retained.