"Ivernia" Defeated in Soccer, 3 to 2

In the second game of the season the University association football team defeated the Ivernia Athletic Club of the S. S. "Ivernia," in the Stadium on Saturday afternoon by the score of 3 to 2.

The work of the team was very encouraging and showed a marked improvement over last week's. Leland was easily the start of the University team. On one occasion he got the ball in his own territory and alone carried it almost the length of the field for a goal. Chadwick, who scored two goals for the University team, also showed excellent form.

The summary follows: HARVARD.  S. S. IVERNIA. Leland, l.o.f.  r.o.f., Massey Chadwick, l.i.f.  r.i.f., Norris Swan, c.f.  c.f., McGorrin Seamans, r.i.f.  l.i.f., Benjamin Lindsey, r.o.f.  l.o.f., Heywood Ho, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Harris Houston, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Meire Mason, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Frith Paul, l.f.b.  r.f.b., Cooke Cushing, r.f.b.  l.f.b., Fairbrother Fahnestock, g.  g., Werner

Score--Harvard, 3; Ivernia, 2. Goals--Chadwick 2, Leland 1, McGorrin 2. Referee and timekeeper--F. Antrobus, Ivernia Athletic Club of S. S. "Ivernia." Linesmen--R. G. Munroe '10, and F. Christian, Ivernia. Time--two 45-minute halves.