Relay Team Beaten in Two-Mile Race

On Saturday night the University two-mile relay team was defeated by Yale, Cornell, and Pennsylvania, in the annual indoor track meet of Columbia University, in Madison Square Garden, New York.

The time was 7 minutes and 56 4-5 seconds. Yale finished first, Cornell, second, Pennsylvania, third, and Harvard, fourth. R. w. Boyden '11, H. Guild '10, H. Jaques, Jr., '11, and G. W. Ryley '10, made up the University team.

Boyden, the first runner for the University, was slow in starting and lost the pole. At the end of the relay he was 40 yards behind the leader. Although Guild, the second Harvard runner, ran a fast race, he was unable to gain perceptably. Ryley, who followed Guild, quickened the pace and succeeded in reducing the lead by 10 yards. Jaques, the last man for Harvard, by exceptional work cut the lead down to 15 yards.

Recommended Articles

Vignali Named Co-Ivy Player of the Week
Harvard senior tailback Mark Vignali, who rushed for more than 170 yards for the second week in a row Saturday,
B. A. A. INDOOR MEET
In the seventeenth annual indoor handicap meet of the Boston Athletic Association held on Saturday night in Mechanics Hall, Harvard
Relay Races with Yale and Cornell
The University track team will enter two relay teams in the annual Boston Athletic Association indoor meet in Mechanics Hall,
HARVARD WON RELAY RACE
The feature of the South Boston athletic Club track meet, held in Mechanics Hall Saturday evening, was the relay race
RELAY TEAM VICTORIOUS
In the annual indoor track and field meeting of the Lawrence Light Guards in the Armory at Medford Saturday evening,
EXCELLENT TRACK RESULTS
Eleven places of a possible twenty four in eight events were secured by members of the University track squads at