RECEPTION TO SCHOLARS

Boston Harvard Club Entertains Honor Men and Faculty Members.

The Harvard Club of Boston will give a reception and smoker to the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and to the first groups of scholars of the University at the Hotel Somerset, Boston, this evening at 8 o'clock. Last November the club gave a dinner to the victorious crew and baseball team of 1908, and later to the winning football team, but this is the first time that an entertainment has been given to students distinguished for scholarship, or to the Faculty.

Major Henry Lee Higginson '55, president of the club, will preside this evening, and Dean L. B. R. Briggs '75 will have charge of the exercises. Addresses will be delivered by Rev. S. M. Crothers h.'99, Professor Bliss Perry, A. G. Cable '09, and H. von Kaltenborn '09. In addition to the speeches, original verses will be read by Robert Grant '75 and R. E. Rogers '09. Singing will form part of the entertainment. Honorary degrees of esteem will be conferred upon the first scholars.

The committee on arrangements is composed of the following graduates: Moses Williams '91, W. H. Wade '81, W. C. Baylies '84, H. M. Williams '85, O. B. Roberts '86, C. H. Slattery '89, J. Richardson, Jr., '08, and W. Hunnewell '01, secretary.