1913 DEBATE WITH YALE

Fourth Annual Contest to be Held in New Haven This Evening at 8.

The Freshman debating team will meet Yale in the fourth annual debate in Sampson Hall, New Haven, this evening at 8 o'clock. The subject for debate is: "Resolved, That the United States should adopt a system of ship subsidies, other than our present mail subsidies, for the encouragement of our merchant marine." Harvard will uphold the negative of the question. S. M. Seymour, A. A. Berle, Jr., and H. B. Gill will speak for the University in the order named, while Yale will be represented by F. E. Morris, A. B. Green, and E. M. Porter. The judges will be: Professor Charles T. Terry of the Columbia Law School, Professor Garrett Droppers of Williams College, and Professor Grosvenor of Amherst College. J. W. Follin has been chosen alternate for the Freshman team.

The Harvard Speakers.

Stewart Marion Seymour, of Chatham, N. Y., who will speak first for the Freshman team, prepared for College at Bordentown Military Institute. While there he took part in debating, but was never on any interscholastic team.

Adolf Augustus Berle, Jr., of Cambridge, the second speaker for the Freshmen, prepared for College chiefly at home, though he graduated from the Salem High School. He has never done any debating before, but was in the finals of the Pasteur Medal contest.

Howard Belding Gill, of Lockport, N. Y., the last Harvard speaker, prepared for College at Lockport High School, where he was on an interscholastic debating team for four years.

The Yale Team.

Frank Edward Morris, of Montrose, Pa., the first speaker for Yale, prepared for College at Wyoming Seminary. He has had no previous experience in debating.

Addison Bennett Green, of Holyoke, who will speak second for the Yale freshmen, prepared for College at Holyoke High School and at Hotchkiss. At Hotchkiss he was a member of the Agora Society and was on the Agora debating team.

Edward Maurice Porter, of Springfield, the last speaker for the Yale team, prepared for college at Central High School, where he was a member of his school debating team.