CORNELL DEFEATED, 8 TO 0

University Association Football Team Victorious in One-Sided Game.

The University association football team easily defeated Cornell in the fourth game of the intercollegiate series in the Stadium yesterday afternoon by a score of 8 to 0. During the first half Cornell was completely outplayed, the University team scoring six times. The first goal was made by Seamans on a pass from Leland. From a corner kick by Leland, Ho scored the second goal. Chadwick made the next, and immediately after the kick-off Seamans scored again. Leland then made the fifth point for Harvard on a penalty kick. Towards the end of the half Lindsey rushed the ball down the field and after a brief scrimmage in front of the goal made the sixth score. In the second half both Chadwick and Lindsey scored again.

The team-work of the University eleven has been improving steadily and in the game yesterday this improvement was very noticeable. Individually, Leland and Seamans excelled for Harvard; Cushing also was very good on the defence.

The summary: HARVARD.  CORNELL. Ho., l.o.f.  r.o.f., Dehuff Lindsey, l.i.f.  r.i.f., Rasch Seamans, c.f.  c.f., Retana Chadwick, r.i.f.  l.i.f., Smith Leland, r.o.f.  l.o.f., Sirrmarkin Mason, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Peterkin Swan, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Towers Houston, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Cooper Paul, l.f.b.  r.f.b., Collado Cushing, r.f.b.  l.f.b., Birkhahn Fahnestock, g.  g., Woodruff

Score--Harvard, 8; Cornell, 0. Goals--Seamans 2, Chadwick 2, Lindsey 2, Ho, Leland. Referee--A. Williams of Lynn City A. C. Linesmen--E. G. Mears '10, J. G. French '12. Time of halves--45 minutes.