College Nine Lost to Williston

The College nine was defeated Saturday afternoon on Soldiers Field by Williston Seminary, the score being 4 to 3. The home team scored all its runs in the sixth inning, when with two out, Clifford was passed, took second on a wild pitch, stole third, and came home on Hann's three-bagger. Desha followed with a scratch hit scoring Hann. He then stole second and Howe brought him in with a single to right. The College nine had men on third twice more but were unable to score.

In the fourth inning, Mayforth knocked a home-run for Williston. Two passed balls and a sacrifice in the seventh brought in another run. In the ninth inning three singles were responsible for two more runs.

For Harvard, Bolton and Desha excelled, both hitting well; while for Williston, Mayforth was the star, especially at the bat.

The batting orders and the score by innings follow: COLLEGE NINE.  WILLISTON. Bolton, 2b.  c.f., Ginn L. Foster, 3b.  2b., Cobb Chase, l.f.  c., Mayforth Ferguson, c.f.  s.s., Karrman Clifford, r.f.  3b., Granfield Hann, 1b.  1b., Lynch Desha, s.s.  r.f., Slotterback Howe, c.  l.f., Mahoney Boyer, p.  p., Winkler *Campbell.

Innings,  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  R.  H.  E. Coll.nine,  0  0  0  0  0  3  0  0  0  3  8  1 Williston,  0  0  0  1  0  0  1  0  2  4  6  2 *Batted for Boyer in the ninth.