HOCKEY WITH ST. FRANCIS

In Arena Tonight at 8.15.--Pierce to Replace Leslie at Left End.

Provided there is ice, the University hockey team will play the fifth game of its schedule with St. Francis College of Nova Scotia at 3.30 o'clock this afternoon at the Brae Burn Country Club. This is the first time that a game has been played with St. Francis, which has proved itself one of the strongest teams in Eastern Canada. They have been the champions of the Maritime League of Canada for several years, and the team at present is composed of members of last year's championship team. St. Francis has had regular practice on the ice since the beginning of winter, and has a well-developed offense, which is very proficient in the Canadian style of hockey. The men are very fast skaters, and because of their long season on the ice, their team-play is excellent.

During the last week, the University team was able to have only three days of practice on the ice. In addition to strengthening the defence, much attention was given to developing fast skating. The shooting and passing of the forwards is accurate, and if the team plays as it did against Princeton a week ago Saturday, the game should be very close.

The line-up: HARVARD.  ST. FRANCIS. Gardner, l.e.  r.e., Lyons Hicks, l.c.  r.c., F. MacDonald Morgan, r.c.  l.c., Doyle Paine, r.e.  l.e., W. Brown Ford, c.p.  c.p., B. Brown Willetts, p.  p., McSweeney Washburn, g.  g., J. MacDonald