UNIVERSITY TEAM VS. 1914

Practice Game With Freshmen In Arena at 6.--Yesterday's Practice

The Freshman hockey team will practice with the University squad in the Boston Arena this evening at 6 o'clock. The practice will consist of a game between the two teams and regular halves will be played. The Freshmen began their season by defeating Rindge Manual Training School, 5 to 3, and a week later defeated the Crescent Hockey Club, 4 to 1. Last Wednesday they continued their successes by beating St. Mark's by the score of 8 to 1. The team was handicaped at first by lack of ice, but the recent cold weather has given plenty of opportunities for practice and the progress has been rapid.

University Scrimmage Yesterday.

The University hockey squad held practice with the Boston Hockey Club at the Arena yesterday afternoon. The first team played for about ten minutes and was unable to score, the team-play being ragged. The University team, however, was without the services of Leslie, who injured his knee in Saturday night's game, and Duncan, who was given a rest. At the end of ten minutes the second team was put in and defeated the Hockey Club by the score of 2 to 1, in 20 minutes of play, Childs, Pratt, and Hicks making the scores. R. A. Whidden '12 has been taken on the squad in place of D. F. Cutler '11, who has an injured ankle.

The line-ups: HARVARD.  BOSTON HOCKEY CLUB. Pierce, Gorham, l.e.  r.e., Foster Childs, l.c.  r.c., Winsor Hornblower, Whidden, r.c.  l.c., Townsend Seamans, Pratt, r.e.  l.e., Hicks Huntington, Houston, c.p.  c.p., Lovering Foster, Blackall, p.  p., Graustein Chadwick, Gardner, g.  g., Canterbury