Last Practice Before Cornell Game

The University hockey team held its last scrimmage before the corner game, in the Arena last night. After a short preliminary practice between the forwards and the defence, the University team lined up against the Boston Hockey Club for a 20-minute period, in which it was defeated. 3 to 0. Childs at left centre and Blackall at point were given a thorough try-out as Duncan and Foster, who were unable to practice, may be unable to play tomorrow. Both substitutes played well and showed their ability to fit in if called upon. The team-play as a whole, however, was very ragged and both the forwards and the defence failed to cover up their opponents in front of the goal.

During the scrimmage the Hockey Club's forwards kept the play constantly in the University team's territory. The first goal was made by Townsend from a re-bound. Hicks scored the second directly afterwards from a wing shot. Near the end of the period a pretty pass, Hicks to Townsend, resulted in the third and last score. The attacks of the University team were conspicuously lacking in team-play and each chance to score was spoiled by attempted individual work, when a pass would have been effective.

S. S. Ford '09. coverpoint on the championship hockey team of two years ago, has returned to aid in coaching this year's team. As he was largely instrumental in developing the style of defence now played by the University team, his assistance will be invaluable.

The line-ups were: HARVARD  BOSTON HOCKEY CLUB. Seamans, r.e.  l.e., Hicks. Hornblower, r.c.  l.c., Townsend. Childs, l.c.  r.c., Winsor. Pierce, l.e.  r.e., Foster. Huntington, c.p.  c.p., Lovering. Blackall, p.  p., Graustein. Chadwick. g.  g., Canterbury.