THE COLLEGE MAN AND THE COMMUNITY.

Too often a Senior leaves college with an over-abundance of theoretical knowledge, but without a sufficient idea of practical conditions as they exist to apply what he has learned. He is filled with the desire to be of service to his community, and has spent four years in sharpening his intellectual tools. When he starts work he finds his actual environment quite different from what he expected--a problem which he very little understands.

The series of ten discussions upon "The College Man and the Community" which Professor Wilson is leading, are being held this fall for the very purpose of opening to Seniors a fuller understanding of actual conditions. At present Professor Wilson is discussing the relation which immigration is having upon the make-up of our population. Those who heard Ambassador Bryce's lecture in the Union two weeks ago will remember how important he considered the study of our immigration problem for those who were to take up political or government work. Later on, such questions as the rural exodus will be discussed, and men who are dealing with the larger social problems of the country, such as Mr. Oscar Strauss, and President Butterfield, will address the meetings. As a course complementary to the regular college curriculum the value of these weekly discussions can not be over estimated. They are already enthusiastically attended, but deserve still greater support.