First Scrimmage for Freshman Squad

The Freshman football squad was given its first scrimmage yesterday afternoon, Team A easily defeating Team B. Team A was given the ball in the centre of the field, and after two gains by Brickley, Bradlee ran 45 yards for a touchdown. No attempt was made to kick the goal. Again Team A was put on the offensive in the middle of the field, and Brickley scored on the fourth play. Team B was then given the ball and showed some offensive ability, but score. The backfield of both teams was strong and fast, while the material for the line though heavy, appeared somewhat inexperienced.

The line-ups: TEAM A.  TEAM B. Coolidge, l.e.  r.e., Brooks Withington, l.t.  r.t., Sherwood, Cate Weston, l.g.,  r.g., Reynolds Wigglesworth, c.  c., Parker Pennock, r.g.,  l.g., Davis Atkinson, r.t.  l.t., Iselin Weatherhead, r.e.  l.e., Hoyt Logan, deWindt, q.b.  q.b., Josephs Bradlee, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Brown Hardwick, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Frothingham Brickley, f.b.  f.b., Francke

Before the scrimmage the first team was given blackboard instruction in the Locker Building. All the squads then had a long drill with the tackling dummy. Afterwards backs and ends were placed in one squad, and linemen in another. The former spent a long time practicing punting, catching punts, and forward passing, while the linemen worked at breaking through. Coaches Dewey, Simpkins, Parker, and Chatfield were in charge.