YALE TODAY.

The great day has arrived and although Princeton has many and strong claims 0to the 1911 football championship, two of the strongest teams of the country meet in the Stadium at 2 o'clock.

Many and frequent have been the rumors as to the poor physical condition of the Yale team. Captain Howe with very just cause was badly used up after last Saturday. The fact that his eleven has been built up around him gave such a statement unusual bearing on today's game. Yet we not only venture, we are positive, that Captain Howe will appear on Soldiers Field today and play the best game of his career. We have heard that the Yale team is not an all-star eleven, but is made up of fair men with only fair ability. Hitherto, this may have been true, but it will no longer be the case after 2 o'clock.

When the last whistle has blown, such names as Camp, McDevitt, Scully, and Bomeisler may well be coupled with those of Coy and Shevlin in Yale's brilliant football annals. In spite of all that can be said, we expect that Captain Howe will lead out a squad today which will exceed in power any Yale squad that has appeared on Soldiers Field for many a year. And the reason will be that Yale's whole season depends upon the result of today's battle. The Princeton game did Yale more good in preparation for Harvard than any amount of coaching could have done.

As to the Harvard side of the question, the CRIMSON believes that we have profited this year by what Dean Briggs aptly called "concentrated extract of experience." Never before has the College appreciated the true situation as it does this morning. All of us realize that the fight will be bitter and desperate from the start. Last year's lesson is fresh in the minds of Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores, and all are determined to support to the utmost a team whose progress, though slow, reaches its climax today.

This determination must be evident on the Field if the team is to use the one quality which it has above all else, namely, fighting spirit. To start that spirit, the players must hear the long roll of the Harvard cheer and feel that there is a real power back of it. If we can give them this feeling, there need be less concern as to the result. Let us make 1911 memorable for cheering such as Soldiers Field has never heard and also for the first football victory over Yale that the Stadium has ever seen.