PRINCETON BEHIND, YALE BEFORE.

Last year the unexpected happened at the Yale game; this year it has happened three weeks before that time. Last year there was no way of retrieving defeat; this year there are several ways.

As to the team's taking the game to heart we have little doubt. We continue to express the undergraduates' implicit faith in Coach Haughton and his staff. We realize that this is only the second game Haughton has lost in three and a half seasons, a record probably without parallel in Harvard athletics. We believe that Haughton and the team learned several valuable lessons at Princeton which will be utilized to the utmost.

Whether the undergraduates as one unified enthusiastic whole will "come back" as we know Haughton will, is an other matter. They may still have a blind sort of faith in the coaches but unless it is expressed, why continue to support a team? The coming three weeks is just exactly the time when moral support is going to be decisive. Harvard undergraduates as well as Harvard teams have not been famous in the past for the irresistible drive of their enthusiasm when vanquished. Here is the best sort of time in dispell quickly the ever prevalent gloom after defeat. Let us forget the mistakes, weaknesses, or whatever they were, of last Saturday and prepare to receive Yale as she has never been received before in Cambridge. Let us have Union mass meetings, speeches from football graduates, open practices, songs and above all real singing. Let us show the team that if the College is a factor, 1911 will see Yale defeated in the Stadium. In short, let us for a few hours in the next three weeks cease to be individuals and become Harvard men behind a Harvard men behind a Harvard team.