TIE GAME YESTERDAY

BETWEEN BATTERY A AND FIRST CORPS OF CADETS, FINAL SCORE BEING 3 TO 3.

Although playing the better football of the two teams, the First Corps Cadets was unable to defeat the Battery A in the Stadium yesterday morning and the seventh annual game ended with the score 3 to 3. This is the third game between the teams which has resulted in a tie, the other four having been won by Battery A.

The Cadets' score came on a field-goal by Miller in the second period. A line shift on the part of the Cadets in midfield had drawn in the Battery's secondary defence, and the ball was kicked over their heads, Hardwick finally recovering it on the four yard line. Minot at once punted but the kick was very poor, going outside on the 9-yard line.

Then after an end run had placed the ball immediately in front of the goalposts, Miller drop-kicked an easy goal. The Battery's goal was made by Wadsworth from the 30-yard line, late in the fourth period, after a 35-yard advance down the field. Beside these kicks, there were three other tries at goal, Battery A missing two and the Cadets one.

The Battery team was strong offensively, Minot's line plunging and forward passing being especially good; but in spite of this, play was in its end of the field most of the time, owing to the fact that the Cadets were superior in punting and in following the ball. Both teams ran back kicks well, Jones of the Cadets, and Wadsworth of the Battery excelling.

The summary: BATTERY A.  CADETS. Eckfeldt, l.e.  r.e., Morse, Dunn Skilton, l.t.  r.t., Briggs Wulsin, l.g.  r.g., Towne, Watkins Harding, c.  c., Dillingham Durant, Lawson, r.g.  l.g., Connell, Hemenway Lawson, Page, r.t.  l.t., Bartels, Fletcher Pollard, r.e.  l.e., Karper, Ware Thurber, Wadsworth, q.b.  q.b., Miller, Gregg Hardwick, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Jones Proctor, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Noyes Minot, f.b.  f.b., Fales, Sears

Score--Battery A, 3; First Corps Cadets, 3. Goals from field--Miller, Wadsworth. Referee--C. W. Short '08. Umpire--R. T. Fisher '12. Field judge--W. T. Reid '01. Linesman--A. Wood, B. A. A. Time--Four 12-minute periods.