THE HARVARD UNIVERSITY REGISTER.

The CRIMSON wishes to call attention to the University Register which appears this morning. Under the management of the Student Council the present volume has been so enlarged and vitalized that it has become a work of positive value to the University. To realize how much it has been improved, one needs only compare the present issue with its predecessors. The type of information which the old Register sought to furnish, its publishers were in a very poor position to secure, and it is natural that what they offered was far from complete. The Student Council, on the other hand, is in an excellent position to secure all such inside information, and it has been well set forth in the current number.

Particular credit is due to the committee of the Student Council directly responsible for the publication.

As president Lowell says in the introduction: "The University Register gives by far the best view of the organization and manifold activities of the College from the standpoint of the student, and therefore it is eminently fitting that it should be published by a body representing the students themselves." To this we heartily agree, and wish to add, moreover, that the Register is one of the most useful works which the Student Council has yet accomplished.