HOCKEY TEAM TO PLAY YALE

In St. Nicholas Rink, at 8.15.--University Seven has Better Record.

The University hockey team will close its season this evening with the final game of the Intercollegiate Hockey League series against Yale in the St. Nicholas Rink in New York. The game will begin at 8.15 o'clock.

This game and that between Cornell and Dartmouth which will be played in the Boston Arena at the same time, will finally determine the league standing. At present Cornell is the only team undefeated and, judging from previous scores, will probably carry off the championship. The Harvard seven has lost one game, and will rank second if Yale is defeated. If not the two teams will be tied for second place.

On past records Harvard has a decided advantage over her opponent. On January 11 Columbia defeated Yale by the score of 6 to 4, while a week later Harvard scored five goals to Columbia's none. Against Dartmouth Yale scored seven times while Harvard was able to run up a total of 12 goals against the same team. The same superiority was evident in the games with Princeton, which seven Yale barely defeated, 1 to 0, while Harvard had little trouble in winning, 5 to 1. The two Cornell games were closer, Harvard losing, 3 to 2, and Yale, 4 to 2.

The University seven should enter the Yale game in the best condition. Captain Hornblower, who was kept out for a week by an injury received in the Cornell game, has now recovered. This will enable Huntington to go back to coverpoint and Foster to point. Leslie's knee, which has been bothering him since the Princeton game, is entirely healed and he will start at left end, and Duncan, Chadwick, and Seamans will be at left centre, goal, and right end, respectively.

The game this evening should prove especially interesting owing to the different play of the two teams. Yale is much heavier and has been playing a hard body-checking game, but with the exception of Captain Loutrel, it is not as fast as the light Harvard seven. Consequently the Harvard attack depends upon speed and agility and rapid following back. Owing to this last fact the game promises to resolve itself into a fight between the Harvard forwards and the heavy Yale defence.

The line-up follows: HARVARD.  YALE. Leslie, l.e.  r.e., Harman Duncan, l.c.  r.c., Loutrel Hornblower, r.c.  l.c., Cox Seamans, r.e.  l.e., Merritt Huntington, c.p.  c.p., Swenson Foster, p.  p., Brooks Chadwick, g.  g., Carhart