Pageant in Honor of M. Duquesne

A pageant to celebrate the arrival of M. Eugene Armand Duquesne, the distinguished French architect, recently appointed Professor of Architectural Design, is to be given in the Union the week following the April recess, by past and present students of the Department of Architecture, assisted by others in the University. The pageant will represent a visit of King Edward VI and his court to the University of Cambridge, where an entertainment entitled "A Masque of Prophecy," depicting the future of the art of architecture, is given in his honor. The historic setting has been arranged to utilize the possibilities of the Union Living Room as a splendid background for an affair for this kind. Besides those taking active part, there will be present members of the Faculty, representatives from the Boston Society of Architects, and from other organizations representing artistic activities. All these guests will wear academic or historic costume. After the masque, supper will be served in the Dining Room, where M. Duquesne will hold an informal reception.

The pageant will be directed by A. E. Hoyle '02, with W. S. Parker '99, and other graduates as an advisory committee. The masque is written by W. W. Cordingley '07, the music by A. M. Hurlin '06, with dances arranged by F. L. Clark '01, and with costumes designed by D. Friedley '11.