FIRST BASEBALL GAME TODAY

University Squad to be Tried Out Against Red Sox Second Team at 3.15.

The University baseball team will open its season by a game with the Boston American "Yannigans," the Red Sox second team, at the Huntington avenue grounds this afternoon at 3.15 o'clock. The Boston team arrived yesterday after an extended trip to the Pacific Coast. They have had a fairly successful season, although they have not kept up to the record of the Americans' first team. McHale, the former University of Maine pitcher, will probably start the game for the Red Sox.

The University team will use the game largely as a practice match, and nearly the whole squad will be tried out. The game will help in the selection of the team for the southern trip, inasmuch as the weather conditions have been so bad that Dr. Sexton has not been able to any extent to see the men in action out of doors. Potter is out of the game with a temporary injury to his shoulder, so that Gibson will take his place at second base. Babson will probably start the game in the box. The batting orders: HARVARD.  RED SOX. Rogers, r.f.  c.f., Perry Desha, s.s.  1b., Myers R. C. Clifford, c.f.  r.f., Mahoney McLaughlin, 3b.  2b., Engle, Nebinger Gibson, 2b.  l.f., Riggert Kelley, l.f.  s.s., Yerkes Hann, 1b.  3b., Janvrin Reeves, c.  c., Nunamaker, Carrigan Babson, p.  p., McHale, Moser, Pape, Arellanes Umpires.--Conroy and O'Reilley.