LEITER CUP ARRANGEMENTS

League for Teams Surviving Preliminary Round.--Entries Close Thursday.

The Leiter Cup scrub baseball series will begin on Monday, May 8, and will be conducted on the same basis as in past years. A preliminary elimination tournament will be held and a league will be formed of the teams which qualify in that round. The teams in the league thus formed will play a round robin series for the championship.

Cups will be awarded the members of the championship team and a game will be arranged with the University second team. Three diamonds on Soliders Field will be available for the Leiter Cup series, where the games will be played every afternoon at 4 o'clock. Blue-books have been placed in Leavitt & Peirce's in which teams may be enrolled. Entries for the series will close and will not be received after that time.

Rules of the Series.

Rule I. No team may have more than three men who have received their class numerals in Freshman year; and not more than one man who has received the University or second team letter, or letter from another college.

Rule II. Two balls, a mask and a chest protector will be provided by the University management for each game. One ball may be obtained by each captain at the office of the Athletic Association in the Union before noon on the morning of the game. The mask and chest protector may be obtained from the janitor of the Locker Building by signing a receipt, and must be returned immediately after the game. In case of default, the captains are expected to return the balls to the Athletic Office.

Rule III. The games shall be played under the National League rules.

Rule IV. The captains of the competing nines shall choose the umpire.

Rule V. Changes in the members of the teams will be allowed at the beginning of the round robin series; but they must be submitted to the managers of the series for their approval. After the commencement of the round robin, no changes will be allowed. Failure to comply with this rule will mean the forfeit of a game for each change.

Rule VI. The captains of both competing teams will be required to leave the order of their teams in the CRIMSON Office before 7 o'clock the evening of the day before the game. No changes will be allowed after that time.

Rule VII. The captain of the winning team shall leave the score in the box at the CRIMSON Office before 7.30 o'clock on the evening of the game, with the names of the players of both nines; otherwise the result will not be counted.

Rule VIII. All protests must be left at the CRIMSON Office before 9 o'clock on the day of the game in which they arise. All disagreements will be settled upon application to the management of the series.