Persius Collection on Exhibition

A large number of the more interesting volumes from the remarkable Persius Collection given to the College Library by Professor M. H. Morgan shortly before his death in 1910 will be on exhibition in the Treasure Room of Gore Hall today, tomorrow and Saturday, from 10 to 5 o'clock. The exhibition will be open both to members of the University and to the public. Strangers should inquire at the delivery desk in Gore Hall for tickets of admission.

The books in this collection exemplify the work of many of the world's greatest printers, from the fifteenth century to the present time, and thus illustrate not only the progress of classical scholarship but also the history of the art of printing. The collection consists of editions, translations, revisions, and re-issues, together with a large number of writings on Persius, a Roman satirist born in 34 A. D., and third in order of the great Roman satirists. His work is chiefly devoted to the exposition of the doctrine propounded by the stories and developed according to their doctrine, and has had a diffused and enduring popularly.