COL. HIGGINSON'S FUNERAL

To be Held in First Parish Church at 3 o'clock.--List of Pall Bearers.

The funeral of Colonel Thomas Wentworth Higginson '41 will be held in the First Parish (Unitarian) Church this afternoon at 3 o'clock. Rev. S. M. Crothers, D.D., '99, the pastor of the church, will officiate, and will be assisted by Rev. E. H. Hall, D.D., pastor emeritus.

On the way from the Higginson home to the church, the body will be escorted by a company from the Thomas Wentworth Higginson Post, Sons of Veterans, and by a delegation from the Grand Army. The casket will be draped with Colonel Higginson's old army flag, which was carried by his regiment in the Civil War, and will be borne by six colored soldiers of the Shaw Guard, 6th Regiment of Massachusetts Volunteer Militia.

At the church the Loyal Legion, composed of officers who served in the Civil War, and of which Colonel Higginson was a member, will take charge of the services. The body will then be taken to Mount Auburn for cremation, after which the burial services will be held at the family lot in the Cambridge Cemetery. The burial will be private.

The honorary pall bearers are men who were personal friends of Colonel Higginson. Booker T. Washington would have acted as pall bearer had he been able to come from the South where he now is. The pall bearers are as follows: President Eliot, President Lowell, Charles Francis Adams '56, Andrew Carnegie, Rev. Edward Cummings '83, Dr. Edward Waldo Emerson '66, Colonel Norwood Penrose Hallowell '61, Governor John Davis Long '57, George Harrison Mifflin '65.