FOR SENIORS.

Members of the Senior class will receive letters today from the recently organized Harvard Graduates' Philanthropic Bureau. The primary aim of this organization is to act as a bureau of information through which graduates of Harvard throughout the country, but especially in the great cities, may be kept informed of the opportunities for work in the various political and philanthropic agencies in their communities.

The need has long been felt for such an organization, by which men desiring to give a part of their time to work of an altruistic or political character may be fully informed as to ways and means of directing their efforts.

Many a man on leaving College is willing and desirous of devoting a few hours a week (or perhaps only an hour) to altruistic or political work, but very often in the strangeness of a new community or in the press of individual duties he finds it difficult or impossible to find work to his hand and thus he loses the opportunity for interesting and congenial work and the community loses his services.

It is to meet this situation and to act as a sort of clearing house between Harvard men and the numberless agencies now engaged in civic and social work that this Bureau has been planned.

The organization will have no limitations of race, creed or party, and it is confidently believed that it will be of great usefulness in fulfilling the double purpose of helping Harvard graduates to become active in philanthropic and political work and of enlisting in the task of bettering conditions the men who are most needed and who are best equipped.

Seniors may enroll with the Bureau by returning the postal cards which have been sent to them. In doing so they will assume no obligation whatever, but will simply avail themselves of the resources of the Bureau to hear of the opportunities in their communities which they can then embrace or not as they choose. The plan is an essentially practical one and should make a strong appeal to all men about to enter active life. It calls for the co-operation of all younger Harvard men whether actively interested in College social work or not.