"RACE, NATION, AND BOOK"

LECTURE BY BLISS PERRY AT 5. OTHER SPEAKERS TODAY.

Professor Bliss Perry of the English Department will give the first of a series of six lectures under the auspices of the Lowell Institute, in Huntington Hall, 491 Boylston street, Boston, this afternoon at 5 o'clock. His special subject for this afternoon will be "Race, Nation, and Book." The lecture will be open to the public.

"The Oriental Elements in the Story of Hamlet."

Professor Josef Schick of the University of Munich, now exchange professor at Columbia, will lecture on "The Oriental Elements in the Story of Hamlet" in Emerson D this evening at 8 o'clock. The lecture will be open to the public.

In Professor Schick members of the University will have the opportunity of hearing one of the most distinguished English scholars in Germany. His more important works have all been written concerning English literature in the fifteenth century and the drama.

"The Theology of Contemporary Religion Without the Church."

Rev. W. W. Fenn '84 Dean of the Divinity School will give the first of a series of four lectures under the auspices of the Lowell Institute, on "The Theology of Contemporary Religion Without the Church" in King's Chapel, Boston, this afternoon at 2.30 o'clock. The lecture will be open to the public.

"France in the Orient in the Middle Ages."

Professor Charles Diehl will give the tenth illustrated lecture on "France in the Orient in the Middle Ages" in Emerson D this afternoon at 4.30 o'clock. The Special subject for this afternoon will be "The French Kingdom of Cyprus in the Fourteenth Century." The lecture will be open to the public.

Lecture on Turbines.

Mr. L. C. Loewenstein of the General Electric Company will give the third of a course of nine lectures on the steam turbine in Pierce 110 this morning at 12 o'clock. The subject of today's lecture will be "Theoretical and Experimental Considerations for the Study of Steam Turbines." The lecture will be open to the public.