UNIVERSITY DEFEATED B. A. A.

BY SCORE OF 6 TO 4 IN HARD SCRIMMAGE. SHOOTING OF SORTWELL AND HUNTINGTON A FEATURE.

The University hockey team held a long scrimmage with the B. A. A. in the Arena yesterday evening, winning by the score of 6 to 4. The University forwards played as fast an all-round game as at any time this season, and the B. A. A. defence, weakened by the absence of N. H. Foster at point was unable to prevent them from making frequent shots at the goal.

The feature of the play was the shooting of Huntington and Sortwell, who between them scored five of the University's six goals. Sortwell made three goals, two on brilliant shots from the side, and one from scrimmage, and had a share in a fourth, Duncan shoving the puck in on his pass from behind the goal. The other two scores were made by Huntington on long shots from the side boards.

The line-ups were as follows: HARVARD.  B. A. A. Sortwell, l.e.  r.e., Hornblower Duncan, l.c.  r.c., Winsor Huntington, r.c.  l.c., Hicks Pierce, Reeves, r.e.  l.e., Leslie, G. P. Gardner, Jr. Blackall, c.p.  c.p., Wingate, Heron Willetts, p.  p., Houston H. B. Gardner, g.  g., Canterbury