MUSICAL CLUBS HOLD TRIALS

Men Who Sing or Play Asked to Report at 7 o'clock To Try for Clubs.--Outline of Concerts and Trip.

Trials for the University Mandolin, Banjo, and Glee Clubs will be held this evening at 7 o'clock. Candidates for the Mandolin Club should report in Holworthy 16; candidates for the Banjo Club in Holworthy 14; while those intending to try for the Glee Club should be in Holden Chapel either this evening or tomorrow evening at 7 o'clock.

Members of the University are eligible for membership in any of the musical clubs and Freshmen, graduate and special students are particularly urged to attend the trials this evening.

Possible Southern Trip.

This fall besides the regular dual concerts with Dartmouth and Yale there will be a few concerts in the vicinity of Boston. It is also probable that the clubs will take a southern trip during the Christmas recess. Many vacancies must be filled in each of the three clubs and an excellent opportunity is thus offered for new men to take part in the concerts and trips just mentioned. The Glee Club needs particularly first tenors and second basses; the Banjo Club is in need of men playing the banjo or banjeaurine; while many positions on the Mandolin Club are open to those who have ability.