Dr. G. L. Kelley '07, has resigned recently from the department to accept a position on the chemical staff of the Mid-vale Steel Company of Philadelphia. He was appointed an instructor in 1909, and last year gave all of the courses in organic chemistry, namely: Chemistry 2, 5, 16, and 17. This year he was to have given Chemistry 22, a new course in advanced organic laboratory work.
Lectures in Chemistry 2 will be given by Professor James F. Norris, who is at the head of the Chemistry Department in Simmons College, Boston. It is as yet uncertain what arrangements will be made concerning the other courses which Dr. Kelley's departure has left unprovided for.