FRESHMAN TEAM AT GROTON

WILL OPEN REGULAR SEASON TODAY.--TWENTY-TWO MEN TO TAKE TRIP.

The Freshman football team will play the first regular game on its schedule this afternoon with the Groton School, at Groton. A squad of twenty-two men, exclusive of coaches and managers, will meet at the main entrance of the Subway station at 11 o'clock, and will take the 11.39 train for Ayer from the North Station, Boston.

Yesterday's practice, in preparation for the game, was very light, a few minutes being devoted to blocking practice for the linemen, and the rest of the afternoon to snappy signal practice. In spite of the fact that great attention has been paid to the development of the forward pass during the past week, the ends show no particular improvement in holding the ball. On the whole, however, the team shows a lot of snap, the backfield being especially fast. Last year the Freshmen defeated Groton 31-0.

The Freshman team will line up as follows: r.e., Green; r.t., Gilman; r.g., Cowen; c., Soucy; l.g., Perkins; l.t., Curtis; l.e., Rollins; q.b., Watson; l.h.b., McKinlock; r.h.b., Miller; f.b., Mahan.