FUNDAMENTALS RETURNED TO

NO SCRIMMAGING TRIED YESTERDAY.--CONDITION OF INJURED MEN BETTER.

Football fundamentals were returned to in the practice of the University team yesterday afternoon, passing, kicking, and falling on the ball being given a good deal of attention in addition to the regular work. There was no real scrimmaging during the afternoon, but the two University teams lined up against the two second teams and were put through a long drill in defensive tactics. Wendell and O'Brien started in the first team line-up. Captain Wendell expects to start the game tomorrow, but will be relieved if his ankle shows any weakness.

Special attention was paid to the defence because, with a light line such as the University has this year, each man must be prepared for fast and accurate work to ward off the attack of a heavier team. Dartmouth's backs have a reputation for making a powerful charging combination to meet which the University team has been coached long and thoroughly. Particularly on kicking formations have the coaches put a great deal of attention, for this year the University has depended on kicking for scores as well as to keep the ball out of danger.

That the men who have been on the injured list for one reason or another will start the game tomorrow seems reasonably certain now. Wendell will play as long as his ankle will allow, and Trumbull will be replaced by Driscoll only if his injury from the Princeton game gives him trouble again. O'Brien also expects to start, to be replaced by Dana before the end of the game in all probability.

Yesterday's line-up was as follows: Felton, l.e.; Storer, l.t.; Pennock, l.g.; Parmenter, c.; Trumbull, r.g.; Hitchcock, r.t.; O'Brien, Dana, r.e.; Gardner, q.b.; Hardwick, l.h.b.; Brickley, r.h.b.; Wendell, Bradlee, f.b.