INFANTILE DEMONSTRATIONS.

Certainly it is the firm desire of every member of Memorial Hall that this institution shall be run at its maximum efficiency. But if the service is interrupted and the food wasted as it has been on several occasions recently, no one can expect the management to render complete satisfaction to all concerned. On two or three Friday evenings within a month good lusty enthusiasm in the form of hearty singing and cheering has degenerated into unseemly contests of sugar throwing and mimic battles with bread. Such methods of expressing enthusiasm are quite beyond the bounds of gentlemanly conduct and are frowned upon by the majority of the members of the hall. However, in addition to annoying most of their fellow-diners and preventing the management from rendering its best service, these men who persist in demonstrating their throwing ability may do irreparable damage to Memorial Hall and Harvard University by injuring or destroying oil paintings that cannot be replaced. Cheering and singing during the dinner hour are desirable forms of expressing superabundant enthusiasm, but the throwing of foodstuffs smacks more of the mucker than the student. So this evening the enthusiasm, which we realize is at the explosive point near the end of the football season, should find expression in vocal, not physical exercise.