Professor R. T. Fisher '98, of the Forestry School, will lecture on "The Management of the Harvard Forest" in the Lecture Room of Robinson Hall this evening at 8 o'clock. The lecture will be illustrated by slides showing the operations at the Forest from planting and nursery work to lumbering and sawing. It will be given under the auspices of the Harvard Forestry Club, and will be open to the public.
The Harvard Forest, forming the most important part of the equipment of the Division of Forestry, was acquired in the autumn of 1907 through the generosity of J. S. Ames '01, who gave the money necessary for its purchase and an additional sum for the repair and outfitting of the buildings. It is situated at Peter sham, Mass., in hilly country, and contains about 2000 acres of heavily wooded land.