CANVASS FOR CIVIC SERVICE

At Senior Elections Each Man will be Asked Questions on His Availability for Social Work.

The Alumni Civic Service Committee will make a complete canvass of the Senior class at the coming election in an endeavor to discover what members of the graduating class are willing to undertake some sort of social work in the communities in which they will live. Blanks will be placed in the Lodge at the class of '77 Gate on Wednesday, December 11, with questions as to what city the alumnus will live in and what kind of work, if any, he will be willing to undertake.

This plan of canvassing the graduating class was adopted last spring on a smaller scale in connection with a scheme to establish social service committees in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston and other large cities throughout the country, with the purpose of indicating to college graduates opportunities for philanthropic work. The aim of the project which is being adopted this year was outlined by O. F. Cutts L. 03 in an address in the Union last spring in which he spoke of the value of changing the generally favorable attitude of college men towards social service into one of active work.