REMOVAL NEARLY COMPLETED

Library Headquarters Will be Transferred to Randall Monday.--Gore Will Stand Only Few Weeks More.

The work of moving the books from Gore Hall is now nearly completed, having been conducted with surprising rapidity considering the difficulties which it has been necessary to meet. Between 40,000 and 50,000 volumes have been placed in Randall Hall each week, and the coming Saturday will find them practically all transferred. After that time only a few odds and ends such as maps and pamphlets, will remain in the old building. On Saturday and Sunday the delivery desk and card catalogue will be transferred to Randall, which will henceforth supersede Gore as the College Library. On Monday Randall will open for actual service, and the moving there of the staff and equipment will be commenced. This latter operation will necessarily be slow, occupying about two weeks. Immediately upon its conclusion, the actual work of demolishing Gore in preparation for the erection of the Widener Memorial will be started.

Facilities at Randall.

With the transfer of the delivery facilities and staff to Randall, the service to readers will improve greatly. Recently, Gore has been in the unique position of a library with almost no books. The difficulty of supplying readers has been a constantly increasing one as more and more volumes have been moved elsewhere. Now, however, the concentration of the entire business department in the same building with the books will mean service almost as prompt as it was before the commencement of work.

Randall has proved extremely well adapted to the purpose for which it was chosen. A stack four stories in height about as large as the present East stack of Gore, has been erected which accommodates approximately 400,000 volumes. The delivery room will be arranged as usual, and will be as complete and efficient as that in Gore. Over the delivery room, a reference room has been constructed, and also a reading room. This latter, which seats about 24 people, is not for general use, but will be open only to those having permission to enter the stacks. Other arrangements for additional reading room space can be made if necessary