UNIVERSITY SEVEN DEFEATED

WEAKENED BY ABSENCE OF CAPTAIN HUNTINGTON FROM LINE-UP LAST NIGHT.

Without the services of Captain Huntington, the University hockey team was unable to win from the B. A. A. at the Ellis Memorial Carnival in the Arena yesterday evening, and lost its only regular game of the season with that team by a score of 2 to 0.

Play was fast at times, but nearly always disorganized. The University men several times failed to cover in about their goal, being scored on once because of this, when Leslie received a pass from behind and shot the puck in. In the second half, the defence, in attempts to score, played too far down the ice, twice allowing a B. A. A. forward to carry the puck down upon an unprotected goal. One of these times Hicks scored, and the other Osgood lost the puck just before reaching Gardner. A number of B. A. A. men were removed from the game for short periods, but only for slight offences, play being on the whole very clean.

The summary: HARVARD.  B. A. A. Sortwell, l.e.  r.e., J. W. Foster, G. P. Gardner, Jr. Duncan, l.c.  r.c., Hicks Palmer, r.c.  l.c., Osgood Pierce, r.e.  l.e., Leslie Blackall, c.p.  c.p., Heron Willetts, p.  p., N. H. Foster H. B. Gardner, g.  g., Canterbury

Score--B. A. A., 2; Harvard, 0. Goals--Hicks, Leslie. Referee--A. Winsor '02. Assistant referee--F. D. Huntington '12. Goal umpires--Carlton and P. Cushman '13. Timers--Dutton and Wadsworth. Time--Two 10-minute halves.

Changes in Freshman Seven.

The absence of Baker, deWindt, and Captain Phillips on account of injuries and illness necessitated several radical changes in the line-up of the Freshman hockey team at their regular practice in the Stadium yesterday afternoon. Claflin was shifted from his regular position at coverpoint to right centre on the forward line, while Trainer took Phillips's place at left centre, and a new defensive combination with Burns at point and Williams at coverpoint was tried out.

After a short preliminary practice, the first team held a long 40-minute scrimmage with the second, and showed encouraging form although the loss of the regular men was keenly felt.

Progress of Scrub Hockey Series.

The Hard Guys defeated the Internationals 2 to 1 in the last game of the preliminary round of the scrub hockey series yesterday afternoon. The third game of the round robin between the Arterial Artilleries and Little Jeffs will be played on the Stadium rink this afternoon at 3 o'clock.

Changes in Freshman Seven.

Progress of Scrub Hockey Series.