ANNUAL WINTER CARNIVAL

Will Be Held Board Track Next Week.--Entries in All Events Close Next Monday.

The annual winter track carnival which will be held on Wednesday and Friday of next week will consist of six track events, two field events, class relay races and fencing and wrestling tournaments.

The track events, which will be held on the board track behind Langdell Hall, are as follows: open 40-yard dash, scratch; novice 3-lap run, scratch; novice 6-lap run, scratch; open 7-lap run, scratch; novice 12-lap run, scratch; open 45-yard low-hurdle race, handicap. The preliminaries of these events will be held on Wednesday, the finals on Friday. The field events which are, open running high-jump, handicap; open 16-pound shot-put, handicap, will be held in the Gymnasium on Friday. The wrestling and fencing tournaments will also be held in the Gymnasium on both Wednesday and Friday.

The preliminary heats of the interclass relay races will be held on Wednesday and the final championship race on Friday. Each team will consist of fifteen men, each man running two laps. The class relay captains have been appointed as follows: Seniors, W. H. Fernald; Juniors, H. M. Warren; Sophomores, W. A. Barron, Jr.; Freshmen, R. Tower.

Entries for all events should be made in blue-books provided for the purpose in Leavitt & Peirce's and all entries will close Monday evening at 6 o'clock. Cups will be awarded to the winners of first and second places in each event and medals to the members of the championship relay team.

Students in the graduate schools, as well as all men in College are eligible to compete in the carnival.

Entries Close for Outside Meets.

Entries for the Boston College track meet, to be held Monday evening, close this afternoon at 3.30 o'clock, with W. Tufts, Jr., Apthorp 1. The open handicap events will be as follows: 25-yard dash, 440-yard run, 880-yard run, one mile run, and a running high jump. An entry fee of 25 cents must accompany each entry.

Entries for the Providence A. C. meet to be held next Thursday will close at the same time and place, the entry fee being 25 cents. The University will send to this meet a long and short-distance relay team and the following individual competitors: R. B. Batchelder '13, J. B. Camp '15, H. R. Hardwick '15, F. H. Leslie '12, A. W. Moffat '13, P. M. Rice '15 and C. H. Tilton '15. All other men wishing to compete must make individual entries.

A special train will leave Boston for Providence at 4.15 Thursday, the roundtrip being $1.50. The University relay teams will race two teams from Technology and the following open handicap events will be held: 75-yard dash, 440-yard run, 880-yard run, one mile run, 50-yard high hurdles, high jump, and shot-put.