ANOTHER COMMENCEMENT SUGGESTION.

The Overseers are looking for a suitable spot for the Commencement exercises. It is well. Anyone who has been one of the chosen few to crowd their way into Sanders Theatre on the average sticky Commencement morning and has been forced to listen to good speakers in bad air feels quite sure that it is no longer the place in which to graduate a large class. The success of the meeting of the alumni, which was held last year for the first time in the quadrangle between Sever and Quincy street, seems to point to its use again for that purpose. Even better adapted to the accommodation of a large attendance would be the quadrangle between Sever and University Halls. It is shielded from the street, is capacious, and beautifully shaded. The Glee Club sings on the steps of Sever Hall on Class Day, and the fact that it can be heard even at the extremities of this space shows that there would be little difficulty in hearing the Commencement speakers, who address a much quieter audience. The weather will spoil the best laid plans, but for an outdoor gathering, this part of the Yard is almost ideal.