SOCCER TEAM LOST TO YALE

IN ONE-SIDED GAME IN WHICH HARVARD SHOWED POOR TEAM WORK.

Yale defeated Harvard in a one-sided soccer game on Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon by a score of 4 to 0. The field was in poor condition, and this retarded play to a very great extent.

The University team although they held their opponents to no score for the last of the first and all of the second half, proved far inferior to them. The New Haven men were fast, and their long kicks were telling. Harvard's trouble was lack of team-work; this was especially noticeable when the outside forwards, after bringing the ball down the field, found no one to receive it and send it through the goal.

Account of the Scoring.

Yale rushed the play from the start, and Captain Gay scored within ten minutes, and within the next six minutes Yale had scored twice again.

At this point the University team braced, but the Yale attack proved too strong, and D. Gay kicked the fourth and last goal for his team in ten minutes more. The University team had several good chances to tally in this period, but did not take advantage of them.

All through the second half the University team was unable to pass the Yale defence although the ball was in its opponent's territory for much of the period. Play was fast, and had the outside forwards been well supported, Harvard would have scored.

Captain Byng, Locke and Weston were the best individual players on the University team. A. Gay, Williams and Worthington played well for Yale, Williams scoring on a difficult shot from the wing.

The summary: HARVARD.  YALE. Browne, g.  g., Dickinson McCall, r.f.b.  l.f.b., Shepherd, Gambell Rushmore, l.f.b.  r.f.b., Dickey Weston, Grant, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Sumner, Carter Lowrey, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Worthington Hallowell, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Howard Locke, r.o.f.  l.o.f., Williams Murdoch, r.i.f.  l.i.f., Hill Needham, c.f.  c.f., A. Gay Greene, l.i.f.  r.i.f., D. Gay Byng, l.o.f.  r.o.f., Clark

Score--Yale, 4; Harvard 0. Goals--A. Gay, D. Gay, Hill, Williams. Referee--A. Williams, Lynn. Linesmen--C. Burgess, Harvard; W. B. Bronson, C. R. Carter, Yale. Time--45-minute halves.