EXHIBITION OF BALLOTS

Interesting Documents Including New York's Unique 14-foot Ballot.

A collection of ballots illustrating the working of new political features, such as the presidential primaries, the initiative, referendum, and recall, and preferential voting has been placed on exhibition at the Bureau of Municipal Research in Wadsworth House. The collection comprises some very interesting documents, including the 14-foot ballot used in the recent New York primaries, the Seattle direct legislation ballot, and the preferential ballot used in Spokane.

The Bureau has also placed on exhibition a collection of materials illustrating the machinery of party organization and especially the activities of Tammany Hall. This collection includes precinct check lists, challengers' certificates, instructions to watchers at the polls, party handbooks, official badges, and general election literature. The exhibit is intended chiefly for students in the department of Government, but is open to all members of the University from 9 to 12 today and tomorrow.