COLUMBIA LOST SOCCER GAME

UNIVERSITY TEAM WON FINAL CONTEST IN NEW YORK BY 2 TO 1.

The University soccer team played its last game of the season on Saturday, April 13, winning from Columbia at New York, N. Y., in a had fought match, 2 to 1. Captain Byng made the first score for Harvard on a free kick soon after play had begun. In the latter part of the first half, Greene received a pass from Locke and drove the ball through the centre for the second goal. Columbia's only score came a few minutes before the end of the game on some fast playing by Zoller.

The teams lined up as follows: HARVARD.  COLUMBIA. Browne, g.  g., Krefeld McCall, r.f.b.  l.f.b., Murfey Rushmore, l.f.b.  r.f.b., Spencer Weston, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Riddell Lowrey, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Hilder Hallowell, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Evans Locke, r.o.f.  l.o.f., Zoller Murdoch, r.i.f.  l.i.f., MacLean Needham, c.f.  c.f., Kuhn Greene, l.i.f.  r.i.f., Colquhoun Byng, l.o.f.  r.o.f., Riggs

Referee--A H. Dale. Time of halves-- Forty-five minutes.

The University soccer team was called out on March 4 and began its schedule of practice games almost immediately. In these preliminary contests the team met some of the strongest soccer clubs in New England, chiefly factory organizations, and lost to all of them.

The intercollegiate schedule opened with the Yale game on March 28, in which Harvard was defeated 4 to 0. The Cornell game followed on April 4 and the University team showed remarkable improvement, winning easily, 6 to 0. Against Pennsylvania Harvard was defeated, 5 to 2, while in the Haverford game the team earned a 4 to 0 victory. By defeating Columbia Harvard has a record of three victories and two defeats in the intercollegiate series.