PROFESSOR COPELAND THIS EVENING.

Tonight for the first time in ten years, Professor Copeland will read in the Living Room of the Union. His subject, "Kipling", is one which always draws a large audience, so that the removal from the Dining Room, where we have always heard "Mandalay" in the past, will be most welcome. It is particularly fitting that this reading should be open to all members of the University, instead of to members of the Union only, as is the usual custom. Few of us may realize that this year marks the twentieth in Professor Copeland's services at Harvard. In that time, but particularly during the past decade, he has come into contact with an unusually large number of undergraduates in every class. Although no public recognition has, perhaps, ever been accorded his Monday evenings "at home", we do not think it out of place here to mention an institution which is at once both enjoyable and instructive. In addition, Professor Copeland has often invited the members of his classes to hear some of the most interesting and timely talks by outsiders well versed in their subjects. Such kindnesses, coupled with the Union readings which the present College generation has thoroughly enjoyed, are deeply appreciated by more men than have over watched the coals in the fireplace of Hollis 15.