BASEBALL GAME ON TUESDAY

Almost Every Position on University Team is Still Unsettled.

The University baseball team will play the first game of its season with the Red Sox Tuesday, having had in all slightly over a week's outdoor work. Previous to this the battery men had been working in the cage since the mid-year period; fielding candidates except "H" men since the first of March, and the "H" men since March 18.

Although a number of games between picked teams of the squad, and one against the Freshman have been played, little definite can be said concerning the battery and 17 fielding candidates still retained. Out of the number of pitching candidates Felton and Hitchcock have stood out especially so far, and it is practically certain that either Reeves of last year's team or Young of the team two years ago will catch.

The infield is still unsettled. In practice the last few days Milholland and S. P. Clark, both of last year's Freshman team, have been covering first base most of the time, Captain Potter and Gibson, second base: Desha and Curtis, shortstop, although Reynolds is being tried out at this position, and Wingate and Coon, third base. A shifting about of the men in order to secure the best batting combination is, however, not at all unlikely.

The outfield material contains two members of last year's team, Babson and Wigglesworth, who would seem practically sure of their places on the University team. For the remaining field there are a number of candidates: Belton of last year's squad. Conant, F. H. Clark, Haas, and Reynolds if he is not moved up to the infield.