HARVARD NINE AND RED SOX

MEET IN OPENING GAME OF YEAR IN BOSTON THIS AFTERNOON AT 3.30.

The University baseball team will play the first game of its season against the Boston Red Sox at the new Fenway Park this afternoon at 3.30 o'clock. The whole squad will leave Harvard square on a special car at 1.45 o'clock and dress for the game at the Park Riding School.

The new park, which will be opened today, is situated on the corner of Jersey and Landsdowne streets. It may be reached by taking the Subway to Park street, and transferring there to a Chestnut Hill via Ipswich street car.

In the past two weeks, the University squad has had considerable outdoor, practice, but the make-up of the team is still unsettled, and in all probability nearly everyone will be given a try-out this afternoon. The selection of men who will be taken on the Southern trip will also be largely the result of the showing made today. Felton will probably start in the box, with Bartholi, Ernst, Hardy, and Hitchcock substituting. The remainder of the line-up is the same as has been playing together in practice games lately on one of the picked teams.

The Red Sox have just returned from their spring training trip in the South and have played two games with the Cincinnati National League team. Two years ago the Red Sox defeated the University team by a score of 4 to 1, and last year the "Yannigans" won by a score of 4 to 2.

The batting orders: HARVARD.  RED SOX. S. P. Clark, 1b.  Hooper, r.f. Desha, s.s.  Yerkes, 2b. Babson, l.f.  Speaker, c.f. Potter, 2b.  Stahl, 1b. Reynolds, r.f.  Lewis, l.f. Wingate, 3b.  Gardner, 3b. Wigglesworth, c.f.  Krug, s.s. Reeves or Young, c.  Nunnamaker, c. Felton, Bartholf, Hitchcock, Hardy, Ernst, p.  Leonard, p.