SECOND CREW EASY WINNER

FIRST BY TWO LENGTHS IN JUNIOR COLLEGE RACE AT HENLEY REGATTA.

The second University crew won the race for junior collegiate eights at the tenth Henley Regatta of the American Rowing Association over the course of a mile and 550 yards on the Schuylkill River Saturday afternoon, defeating its nearest rival, Columbia, by two lengths. The Harvard crew took a commanding lead at the start, and at the end of the first half-mile had the advantage of a length, while Columbia, Pennsylvania, Princeton and Yale were almost even. The second University crew's lead was never threatened from that time on, but the contest between the other crews was a keen one. Princeton showed surprising strength, first pulling ahead of Pennsylvania and Yale, then challenging Columbia. This approach spurred the Columbia crew to greater effort and it held its place, crossing the line second, two lengths behind the second University crew, while Princeton, Pennsylvania and Yale finished immediately behind Columbia in the order named Time, 6 minutes, 46 4-5 seconds.

The second University crew rowed in the following order: Stroke, Chanler; 7, Stratton; 6, Morgan; 5, Curtis; 4, Trumbull; 3, Cutler; 2, Sargent; bow, Carver; cox., A. Abeles.