News Items of Interest

The sixteenth annual meeting of the associated Harvard Clubs will be held in New York City on June 14 and 15, under the auspices of the Harvard Club of New York.

The freshman class at Yale Sheffield Scientific School has voted 187 to 17 in favor of the establishment of the honor system. The Sheffield governing board will now be petitioned to permit the installation of the system.

The Association of Harvard Engineers will hold its annual dinner in the Union, tomorrow evening at 6 o'clock.

The Freshman soccer team was defeated by the Craigie Soccer Club in their first game yesterday afternoon by the score of 3 to 1.

Professor W. A. Neilson '98 has been appointed a member on the Committee of the National Conference on Uniform Requirements in English.

The twenty-sixth annual interscholastic track meet of the Harvard Athletic Association will be held in the Stadium on May 25. All entries should be mailed to W. Tufts, Jr., Apthorp 1. Cambridge.

Professor Palmer to Go West.

Professor George Herbert Palmer '64, has been appointed Western exchange professor by the Corporation for the year 1912-13. Professor Palmer will divide his time between four colleges in the West: Grinnell, Knox, Iowa, and Colorado.

Chess Tournament Notes.

The novice chess tournament has started with 19 entries. Those who have not played the first round and recorded the results in Grays 19 before this evening will be dropped. All competitors are reminded that their matches must be played off before Wednesday, March 20.

The following have entered the annual championship tournament and may arrange matches to suit themselves: W. B. Harris '13, B. M. Preble '12, D. B. Priest uL., S. Seiniger '15, S. B. Slack 1G., and B. Winkelman '15.