PRINCETON HONORS PROFESSOR PALMER.

In recognition of the force of his teaching power and the depth of his scholarship, Princeton University conferred yesterday on Professor George Herbert Palmer the honorary degree of Doctor of Humanities. In presenting the degree to Professor Palmer, Dean West paid a glowing tribute to the scope of his accomplishments and the permanent influence of his work. Professor Palmer, he said, combines the qualities of a great teacher and a powerful thinker; is a literary artist of high distinction and "a philosopher of original sense with a tranquil enthusiasm for truth." Such a tribute to our esteemed professor arouses a sense of pride in every Harvard man. This new honor for Professor Palmer reminds us again of the magnitude of his work. Not only is he a deep-thinking philosopher, but he possesses that rare power of making others think. Not only is he a true scholar, but he is a great teacher with the power to make philosophy a vivid and vital study for all who enjoy the pleasure of his instruction.