The Seawanhaka Corinthian Yacht Club has offered cups for a race from New London to Oyster Bay to be sailed on June 22. The following rules have been announced to govern the contest.
Conditions and Racing Rules.
1. ENTRIES. The race is open to all boats owned or sailed by members of the Harvard or the Yale Corinthian Yacht Clubs. Entries may be made at the starting line.
2. MEASUREMENT. The overall and the waterline length of each boat entered must be in the hands of the Seawanhaka-Corinthian Yacht Club's Regatta Committee within 24 hours after the finish of the race.
3. TIME ALLOWANCE. Liberal time allowance will be awarded, computed upon some basis of measurement to be determined by the committee after all the measurements have been received.
4. COURSE. From a starting line between the Regatta Committee boat anchored an eighth of 2 mile north of Sarah's Ledge bell buoy, at the entrance to New London harbor, and the Sarah's Ledge bell buoy, to a finish between the Seawanhaka Corinthian Yacht Club float, and blackspar buoy number 1, three quarters of a mile to the easy.
Bartlett's Reef Lightship and Cornfield Point Lightship, are to be left on the starboard hand. Faulkner's Island, and Stratford Shoal may be left on either hand. The lighthouse in Oyster Bay harbor may be left on either hand. All government marks must be left on the channel side.
5. STARTING SIGNALS. 10.00, warning, Blue Peter. 10.05, preparatory, code flag W. 10.10, start, code flag S. Code flag M, start postponed fifteen minutes.
The race will be sailed without time limit.
Except as otherwise stated above, the racing rules of the Seawanhaka Corinthian Yacht Club, which are identical with those of the Yacht Racing Association of Long Island Sound, will govern the race.