MUSICAL CLUBS RETURN

ONE OF MOST SUCCESSFUL TRIPS IN YEARS CLOSED WITH CONCERT AT BROOKLYN.

The arrival of the Musical Clubs in Cambridge this morning will mark the completion of one of the most successful Christmas trips which the clubs have ever held. While the distance covered was not so great as on the western trip last year, the number of actual concerts which were given was only two less than that of the former trip. In addition, the saving of time which would otherwise have been spent in travelling from one city to the next permitted longer stopovers and was conducive to a greater enjoyment of the trip as a whole.

Good audiences were secured in nearly every city, and the concerts were in all instances very well received. The many receptions, dinners and dances given or arranged by graduates and local Harvard clubs formed a most enjoyable part of the trip. No serious delay or other inconvenience was experienced at any point, the prearranged schedule being followed almost exactly.

Christmas Day Spent at Louisville.

The first concert of the trip was given Monday evening, December 23, in Witherspoon Hall, Philadelphia. A smoker at the Racquet Club followed. The next day was spent in travelling to Louisville which was reached Christmas morning. During the afternoon the clubs were entertained by the Louisville Harvard Club at the Tavern Club. The following day was spent in Louisville. In the evening a concert was given at the Women's Club followed immediately afterwards by a dance.

Cincinnati was reached the next day. At noon a luncheon was held at the Country Club and in the afternoon the Musical Clubs were guests of Harvard graduates at a smoker at the Queen City Club. Dancing was followed by a buffet supper at the University Club. The regular program was presented at the concert at 8 o'clock, followed by the most elaborate ball of the trip at the Sinton Hotel. Saturday was also spent in Cincinnati, which was left Sunday morning for Reading.

At Reading a special effort had been made by the Harvard Club to arouse interest in the University and as a result the concert was very enthusiastically re- ceived. The Wyomissing Club tendered the clubs a smoker in the evening.

New Year "Seen In" at Washington.

Tuesday was spent in Washington, an afternoon concert being given in the Bolasco Theatre at 4.30 o'clock. A slight change was here made in the schedule so as to permit the members of the clubs remaining in Washington to see in the new year. The Baltimore concert was given the following evening at 8.30 o'clock.

In Brooklyn the Musical Clubs were the guests of the Hamilton Club, the last concert of the trip being given at the Academy of Music. This was followed by a smoker at the University Club as guests of the Long Island Harvard Club